Welcome to The Festival Fashionista
Welcome to the launch of The Festival Fashionista and also my first blog post! My name is Amanda and I am so excited to start this journey of blogging and to get to know each and every one of you.
Some of you may know me already and might also be connected with me on social media, but I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and why I created this blog, as well as what you can expect to see in future posts.
A Little Bit About Me — 10 Fun Facts
- I am a major festival goer and attended my first rave, White Wonderland, in 2011! I was always so skeptical of what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised to find some of the friendliest people and also the most creative culture I’ve ever seen!
- Casual and comfy would best describe my day-to-day style, but I go over the top with my festival attire and outfits for nearly any other occasion. The more glitter and fur the better. There really is no in-between with me and fashion is a major passion and hobby of mine!
- My husband and I have been together for 10 years now and are what seems to be a dying breed of high school sweethearts! We met in my least favorite class of all, Trigonometry!
- I work in corporate Digital Marketing, touching everything from social media to SEO. I went to California State University of Fullerton and majored in Marketing.
- I am a huge advocate of alternative health and holistic living. There is a natural remedy for almost anything, and I believe that our well-being and nutrition should come first and foremost.
- Meditation keeps me sane and has become an integral part of my mental health and de-stressing routing. Patience has always been a weakness of mine, and I’m hoping to improve this with continued practice. Self-observation is the first step of inner unfolding, after all.
- I am a Disneyland fanatic and an annual passholder! Who else thinks anything Mickey-shaped tastes better?!
- Although I’m trying to watch less TV, some of my favorite shows are Black Mirror, Game of Thrones, West World, and nearly anything else on HBO.
- I enjoy eating and cook my meals about 6 days a week – I can’t live without my crockpot! However, I do believe life is short, and every now and then my husband and I like to pretend we are bougie and partake in some fine dining.
- I’m a Southern California native, but my love for electronic music has brought me to Las Vegas, San Francisco, Denver, Indio, and now to Europe later in the year for Tomorrowland! My husband and I are hoping to continue traveling to different cities and countries for more EDM festivals in the future.
Why I Started This Blog
Writing has always been a passion of mine, and after years of writing for other brands and companies, I thought why not start my own? Combining my love of music festivals with funky apparel, The Festival Fashionista was born! I like to think of myself as evenly split between right and left brained, so seeing as a majority of my day at work is spent analyzing data and numbers, I wanted to get in touch with my creative side and develop a place where I could share my fashion ideas and inspiration.
What You Can Expect to See in More of My Posts
Festival fashion will obviously be the main topic of my blog, but get ready because you will be seeing that and so much more! Some other topics include:
- Festival fashion trends
- Where to find some of the most unique pieces and how to get items at an affordable price
- The best photo-shoot locations
- My current favorites and what I’m wearing
- Product and festival reviews
- A breakdown of the different types of festivals and what to wear to each one
- Giveaways and more!
I think that’s basically me in a nutshell, but now I want to get to know you! Feel free to comment or drop me a line if you have an idea or topic you want to discuss. I am an extrovert by nature and love meeting new people, so don’t be shy!